HR.my Upcoming Features Todo List

Er… I am even more confused now.

I think this kind of setup is unique to your organisation, isn’t it? To me, having more than 1 head is not an easy concept to understand. I just wonder:

1. Who should make the final decision? Such as leave approvals.
  2. Who should be responsible for departmental performance?

As we are currently only using the system for leave applications.
we have the line manager to approve leave applications and we want the department head to be able to view the leave record of the department on the system, where we currently can only set one person as DH to view.
and for our company, there’s more than one staff that needs access to the record of certain department.
Is that clear to you?

If I understand you correctly, you don’t actually need several employees to be the head of the same department, but you need to allow these employees to view the leave applications for the same department, am I right?

Yes, is there any other way i can do this?

1. It depends. What are their roles?

2. Are they in the same department?

in our situation, we have an executive that wants to be able to view leave records of 2 departments, but both department already have a department head for each, so for this moment, i have no other way to assign him a role to allow him to only view records of 2 departments.
as now i set him as the branch head, but that makes him able to view all departments of the branch which is not what he wanted.

1. What about making the leave visibility to all employees, is this option not acceptable?

2. Are the 2 departments under his supervision?

1. This option is not acceptable for us
  2. Yes, most staff have a line manager who is responsible for the approval of leave application, where the executive member only wants to be able to view online of these records.
    and for our account department, we actually have 2 department head that would like to be able to view the records as well, which i’m suggesting it would be very useful if we can set 2-3 staff as DH :pray:t3:

Setting more than one employee as the head of department is not the way forward, as it will create more problem than solving your current issue.

In your case, perhaps I will need to study other options for such use case.

May I know why do they need to view the leave record for employee in account department? Which department do they come from?

I don’t understand how it will cause more problem, but anyway, it would be great if you can think of other options.

they are both in account department, they are not line manager of the staff under, but would be great if they can see who in the department is on holiday

Things like, which employee should approve the leave if there are more than 1 head of department?

Dear kapchew,
is it possible for you to let us host your software in our office for our own use?
please advise if there are any conditions that we have to meet.

This option is not available yet.

This is because there are many server components that you will need to set up, and this is already beyond the common support level of many in-house IT teams.

Hi Kapchew,

Is that possible to have the clock in/out reminder function for those employee required to perform time clock attendance, we had used the hr.my app for months, whereby, I watching our admin executive still using the manual way to checking on employee attendance status from the company chat group, I still seeing employees always having excuses missing clocking in/out. We are services outsource company, we having employee working remotely at client office, therefore we have to know his daily attendance status before client, if the info came from client to inform employee absent, there will be too late to know; additionally the full attendance record will still kept as a reference during appraisal time.

This features may not feed to everyone bowl, however, it will still benefits to the users who subscribed to time clock attendance features, whereby we foreseen unnecessary consequences might happen if we implementing penalty, fine or deduct annual leave to the employee we who did not check in/out time clock attendance. I do experienced with the engineer who disobey and straight away missing when perform penalty fine.

Looking forward from your advise.

best regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

To be honest, there is only so much that technology could help, and obviously disciplinary issues are not one of them.

Many other users on HR.my are also facing similar issues with a small group of employees. What most of them do is by enforcing company policy that attendance record not found will be considered absent, end of story.

On the other hand, I could assure you that even if there were such reminders, these employees would still come to you with absurd excuses.

Hi Kepchew,

Thank you for your explanation, I do agreed with you, this is all about employee discipline and punctual issue, we as an employee are required to follow the policy we had signed during offer, meantime, as an employer, we always can use company policy to punish them.

Honestly, the above method not going to work on today (Year 2023), new generation tolerate level are very low, not the same as elder then 90an anymore, for your info we are from Malaysia, I not sure how and why this kind unhealthy trend started, but this seem after this global pandemic the entire culture changed, they (staff) totally not care or cherish the jobs employment they got offered, if they not happy, they just MIA (missing in actions) they not even care about the consequence neither their employment or their reputation whatsoever, they only care how much wages they getting.

On perspective of operation side, we still need people to taking care on the assigned task, now days resources are limited, candidate are difficult to match with needs, therefore, we have to minimizing the the punishment’s. Hence, we need some useful tools to handle the employee in order for them to keep servicing, but not totally lost it, and here applied the apps features and functions.

Last but not lease, we appreciate Kepchew and the team may take up the considerate to add-in this clock in/out reminder features (like outlook meeting, zoom meeting, remind 15 and 30 min before start, for time clock end we just required to remind before work and after work, no need to have separate switch or customize the time to trigger, just tie with the require time clock attendance employee to simplified your customization), at lease we had offered whatever we can, whenever employee want to challenge, we still have something to show.

once again, appreciate in advance.

best regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I understand your concern, however, I will not proceed with this reminder thing unless there is clear evidence that this will help change the attitude of rebellious employees.

Kindly understand that I don’t implement a feature just because there is a “possibility” that it would help, as any redundant feature that is NOT really delivering any benefit will only add to the complexity of the system itself, from both users and my maintenance perspective.

Plus, if a tool can really help in managing these kind of employees, you don’t need better salary schemes to motivate your employees any more, don’t you agree?

Hi Kepchew,

Received your advise, and thank you for your explanation.

Have a good day.

regards,
Andrew

1 Like

@kapchew will you consider creating an attendence in-out module? basically an individual app to be installed on a standing ipad in the office/warehouse, when employee comes in, they choose their name to sign in, take a selfie with the ipad, and confirm. same thing for sign out. therefore it’s not an individual app for each employee, and they will not need to login to sign-in/out. Thanks

This is what some users call “Kiosk mode Time Clock” in the to-do list.