How to approve "Permission to edit"

How can we approve permission to edit?
We want to give all employees access to enter their profile personal details: Contact, family etc. everything except job. Is there a way to allow all employees to give permission to edit such details?
We also tried to individual employee to sent “Permission to edit” request selecting the field and we received email instructing to go to employee → request to approve but it shows “no data.” Can you please help?

Currently the only way to let employee to edit their profile is to ask them to make a request from their account.

Then you go to Employer->Employee Request to grant permission.

Hi Kapchew - It works. Thank you very much.
I also have one another question. Is there any way that itemized Statutory Contribution, mainly different types of taxes can show in payroll report. To give you an example, the country I live in requires to capture taxes shown in Deductibles at this link https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Paystub.pdf
I can make a template and modify as long as the new addition of Statutory Contribution are captured with the verbiage. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, I don’t quite understand this question, can you elaborate with more details?

Hi kapchew - Thanks for your reply. Let me try to explain in detail and paste the tax detail https://edd.ca.gov/siteassets/files/pdf_pub_ctr/de202.pdf This link shows the taxes employer and employee have to pay for up to the first wage limit listed. For example, State Disability
Insurance: employee pays 0.9% of salary till the salary reaches the wage limit of 153,164. If someone’s salary is 160000 then after it reaches 152164, they don’t have to pay this State Disability Insurance. Each of these 8 listed taxes applies, mainly the first 3 listed taxes in both federal and state tax tables are based on a calculations but most has a wage limit.
For each person we need to give a pay slip with breakdown of the taxes so we also need to show these details with each separate taxes listed when we run report.
How do you suggest to set this up in HR.my? Thanks

Hi,

1. You may use Statutory Contribution for taxes purpose, and they will be listed in the payslip. To set it up, you will need to add the Statutory Contribution items to each employee via Salary Adjustment, or you may also add it on the fly when you are processing their payroll.

2. However, at present moment Statutory Contribution does not automatically observe such wage limit yet, as this is not supported yet. Therefore you will need to do MANUAL edit in order to make do with this limitation.

3. Just to be sure, do you mean that the wage limit is to determine who needs to pay such taxes right? i.e. if someone with salary higher than the limit, he will be exempted? or he will pay the capped amount?

1 Like

Thanks for informing

Can you please shed some light on this?

It is capped amount, it does not matter how much is the salary but if salary is higher than limit then the person will still be taxed up to that amount limit. For example, there is one tax that is applicable for 1st 7000 usd for all employees for each year. If someone only earned 6000 then they will pay on 6000. If someone earned 10000, then tax will be applicable for first 7000, and do not need to pay tax on the rest of 3000. Does it explain well. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, it’s clear now.

Hi Kapchew - quick question, I will appreciate if you can reply sooner as we are processing our 1st payroll but it shows “payment method cash”. Is there please any way to remove that or change Cash to Bank Deposit or something else or just delete payment method. We never give cash payments so I will have to make another paystub offline if this can’t be changed.

Employee->Management->Edit->Salary, there is a payment method field to be updated.

Perfect. Thank you SO much. One more question, US paystubs that is given to employees never show what is employer contribution on taxes (statutory contributions). It only shows employee side. So is there a way to not show those to employee’s paystub? Thanks

Sorry, do you mean in the US, employer will need to pay taxes for employee as well?

Yes, US has many federal and state payroll tax categories required; some taxes are employer paid, some are employee paid and some are split equally between employer and employee. Your software already calculates employer and employee tax % but the paystub shows employer paid taxes in employee’s paystub so employee can see it which no standard US paystub has that. If we can make such that admin can click not to include employer paid taxes on employee’s paystub, that would do it. Feel free to inform if you may like to see US paystub or anything else (there are examples online).
I also had one another question - is there a way to is not require end date for contractor? Currently, when we set up contract employee, it has start and end date. In US, contract employee is typically 1099 and often does not have a end date predetermined.

Thanks

1. If I can summarise now, the Statutory Contribution needs 2 enhancements:
  • to introduce a cap value for taxes beyond certain level of earnings
  • to introduce an option so that Employer portion could be hidden from payslip

Am I correct in this summary?

1. It sounds very much like a Permanent employee, where you don’t have to specify the end date. Why can’t you use Permanent status instead of Contract employee for such purpose?

You are right on Statutory Contributions distributions.

I will choose it as permanent. In general, in USA, we say hourly 1099 as contractor - It is the person who is working but is not a employee, he/she is not on W2 and not salaried. Company is not paying their taxes but paying them hourly then it’s called contractor.

What if you choose them as Part Time? This way they are not Permanent, and yet you may specify term start without specifying term end.

I can do that, although they are full time, just they are not permanent (salaried). But it’s ok, as it does not print on paystub.
I have a new problem. I am trying to add another contractor. It gives me an error “Duplicate National ID” I tried to enter national id United States, it’s already entered in Nationality, as well. I tried to remove National id but then it gives an error that ““National ID” is required.” The error comes when I try to save and I am not able to save.
What should I do?

Try to search for Archived employees, there must be another conflicting record.