Directory Access

Hi dev, i’ve tried several times setting hr.my directory access rights for employees but the system displays vice versa on the employee side (see screenshot attached), for instance when i set an employee access right to “Not accessible” to mobile phone numbers still the restricted employee can still see the phone details as illustrated on below screenshot. Please advice why the case, thank you

What I see from your screenshot is that:

1. You are setting the Privacy Level for an employee named Brian Mbithi,

2. Then on the employee directory, you are viewing an employee named Benjamin Kaali.

I really don’t know what you are trying to ask here.

Hi, i mean from the Employer privacy level settings the employee named brian (on the screenshot) is set not to view other employees both email addresses and mobile phone but upon the employee login in, he can view all employees emails and phone number despite denying the employee such rights…Same happens to to Address and Emergency section where the employee is allowed to view other employees details but when he ctries to access he’s Restricted as shown on screenshot… How do i solve that?

Please visit the user guide to understand how Privacy works.

yah exactly where i got stuck, i’ve checked the whole user guide but cant find ‘Directory Access’ mentioned anywhere…

Hi developer, i tried looking for privacy level assigned via Directory Access guide in USER GUIDE provided but coudnt find any related information to this, i could only see “Online HR Software :: Employee Web Account (with HR Roles for Multi-User Access)” which doesnt address my case. For instance when i set an employee access right to “Not accessible” to mobile phone numbers still the restricted employee can still see the phone details of other staffs regardless as illustrated on below screenshot. Please advice where to find this info as i’m about to consolidate and crowdfund 7 more branches but restricting employees from accessing other staffs info is a priority but cant find it anywhere in userguide…(Attached screenshot shows an employee (brian) restricted to viewing other employees info but after login on his portal restricted information is still displayed i.e for the case of (benjamin) and others…

You have got it wrong.

Privacy Level means the edited employee’s Privacy preference. If you set Brian’s (the edited employee) mobile to be “Not Accessible”, it means other employees such as Benjamin cannot access Brian’s mobile phone, not the other way round.